30 Building UEFI Drivers
This chapter provides an overview of how to compile and link a UEFI Driver in an EDK II build environment to produce a UEFI conformant UEFI Driver image that may be loaded and executed on a UEFI conformant platform. The steps required include:
- Create an EDK II package, if required, for the UEFI Driver
- Create directory for UEFI Driver in an existing EDK II package.
- Add INF file and all source files to UEFI Driver directory.
- Add file path to INF file to EDK II package DSC file.
- Build UEFI Driver using the EDK II build tool called
- Locate UEFI Driver in the build output directory specified by DSC file.